Tuesday, February 10, 2015

11 Ways to Do Your Dog Right

In my last post, I explained why any "training technique" that scares your dog isn't good. Fear is a terrifying teacher. Poking, hitting, shocking -- these are things bullies do. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: love your dog, don't bully him.

There is a much better way.

1) Remember, Dogs Are People Too.

Or maybe I should rephrase that: Remember, Humans Are Animals Too. Either way, science now tells us that dogs and toddlers have a lot in common. Their brains are nearly identical.
In "Inside a Dog," Alexandra Horowitz, DVM, says that dogs definitely think, feel and reason. This book is a personal favorite. It's science giving anthropomorphism a little thumbs up. Click here to read the entire article

Visit Bandit's Buddies - Natural Heartworm Programs
What's on sale?
Holistic Pet Foods and Supplements
Like Us on Facebook
Follow on Twitter

No comments: